Monday, November 18, 2013

A Craft Sanctuary

It's been way too long since I have written any thing on this blog... Ahh... I feel awful.
Since the day my Husband finished his studies, we have been spending a lot of time together, traveled to a few places ~ California for vacation/celebration, France to visit my family and an RV trip from Phoenix to Denver ~, and I just haven't found the time to write.

Grenoble, France

Of course, as soon as we came home, I had organizing plans... Since my planner making business at LifeInPositudiness Etsy Shop is growing and growing, my office is always filled with papers and tools.  I organized everything in drawers and boxes, but I just really needed more space!

Adjacent to the office is what we like to call our Lounge Room ~ which is really just a relaxing, cozy room with a mini library, a TV and a bed for guest.
The closet in there became a reading nook ~ where the bench was made out of a wooden coffee table ~ which I never really found the inspiration to finish/decorate. But, we weren't really using this space, and I figured I could use the space as a craft storage.




I shopped the house and found some unused shelves from our Ikea bed-head pieces and side tables hacked into our library, a $2 shelf from Goodwill, a hanging shoe organizer, Ikea shoe storage boxes and some pretty stuff!

After some drilling and some adjusting, I had room to store and display my ribbons, my pretty glitters and wash tapes, my paints, and more!!!
Now I can finally enjoy the prettiness of all of these! <3




On the side ~ hidden because that's not the most beautiful object to look at ~ is the hanging shoe organizer where I placed my spray paints bottles as well as small boxes filled with little items: stamps,  inks, punches, and rhinestones.

This beautiful branches and flowers arrangement is the centerpiece my cousin had at her wedding.  I LOVE it!! Thanks KR!


This really feels like a Craft Sanctuary to me.  I already love this room even more than before.  I'm not finished with it, but I was eager to share with you what I was working on!

Decorating while organizing makes me feel so giddy!!

** Check out my Etsy store for Personalized Life Planners and Holidays Stationery!


Link Party:


2 comments:

  1. That's such a clever way to use a shoe organizer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! It's been a very practical repurposed item!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png