Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Calendar Facelift

New office

These past few days, I have been rearranging, redesigning, resetting my office.  I spend a lot of time in that room and wanted it to be more spacious.  Lately, it had become very unpractical, uninspirational, and cluttered.

I am loving the new airy layout ~photos coming up next week~, and now I am working on bringing some colors to this room!

I had this desktop dry erase calendar for a while, but as you can see, I hadn't used it since September. 


Really, the main reason is that it is not easy to clean ~need nail polish remover~.  Since I had this, I thought I should put it to good use instead of letting it collect dust!

Black is kind of over rated lately.  I have a lot of black furniture in the office ~and throughout the house~ so I figured adding some pop of bright cheerful colors could be a nice balance.  I recently fell in love with light blues and greens ~robin's egg blue is gorgeous!~ and being a Stella & Dot Stylist certainly reinforces my appreciation for these colors. ;)

Giving my calendar a facelift

First, I covered it with silver washi tape to mask the black and flowery designs.


Next, I covered the borders of the board with my favorite washi tape.
I'm really digging this new fresh color!


Here is the new, more practical way I use this so called "dry-erase" calendar.
So that I don't have to deal with getting nail polish remover each time I need to erase something, I use sticky notes to write my task and stick it where it belongs.


I am using this board as a weekly to-do list instead of the previous monthly calendar.  Each task is now adjustable.  If I have to postpone making Life In Positudiness planners to later that day or even another day, I'll just move my sticky note.  I keep the board right on my desk, by my laptop to have a quick and easy access to it!


Isn't that a nice way to be organized?!

I am curious, what do you use your washi tapes for?  How do you use them?
What is your favorite washi tape project you have ever done?  
Let's share the washi goodness!!  Leave a comment here, or post a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lipwashi.  I'll feature your pictures on my Instagram on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Confession: I've never used washi tape, but as soon as I get settled back in the US, I'm going to get my hands on some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! ;) I know... there aren't many washi tapes in France, my Mom asked me to bring her some last time I went home! You're going to love them, they're fun.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png