Friday, June 6, 2014

Fashion Friday ~ Kendra's Miami Fashion Challenge

Today is a very special Fashion Friday.

I am taking part in "Kendra's Miami Fashion Challenge" which means that I will share with you six different outfits I created in Polyvore for the occasion.
{I don't know where I've been all these years, but I just discovered and started using this app, it's AWESOME!!!! I had so much fun getting creative and putting together the best outfits I could.}

About the challenge:

Kendra Thornton, a renowned travel expert who makes regular appearance on stations like ABC, CBS, FOX, CW and has been a special guest at The Tyra Banks show, The Nate Show and more, asked me if I could come up with some fashionable outfitsfor her upcoming getaway.  She and her husband are finally taking time for just the two of them {sorry kids, you're staying home}, and are going on a relaxing and romantic escape in the "capital" of the Sunshine State, wonderful Miami, FL!

Delano Hotel Pool Side {via}
Can it get more romantic that this?!
Anywho... As excited as I am about this project, I'm better of letting you read the sweet and beautiful Kendra herself!!


The expert herself:

"I’ve always enjoyed traveling, and I’m especially looking forward to my upcoming romantic getaway to Miami. I’ll be spending time there with my husband, and I know we’re going to have a wonderful time. With the help of travel experts at Gogobot, I’ve booked accommodations at a incredible hotel, and my husband has purchased an amazing spa package for me to enjoy at Club Essentia, located on the roof of Delano South Beach Hotel.
I’m the mother of three young children, and I would like to update my look before heading off to Miami. We’ll be taking lots of photos during this adventure, and I want to look trendy as well as timeless. Will you share your expertise fashion recommendations with me? I’ll need the perfect clothes and accessories for all my activities during our stay.

Sophistication and casual Miami style merge in the décor at Delano South Beach The 3,500-square-foot spa, Club Essentia, is located on the hotel’s roof and features treatments that focus on vitality and rejuvenation. To further enhance our personal well-being, my husband and I will spend time in the state-of-the-art fitness center, which is open around the clock, and on days when we wish to explore the rest of South Beach, we can borrow bicycles from the hotel concierge and go on our own adventures. There’s so much to do and see during a stay in Miami that I am absolutely certain to have a wonderful time. Of course, I’ll have more fun when I feel great about the way I look. I’m excited to learn what fashion tips you have for me and what great looks you recommend for my trip to South Beach. While you’re considering what to recommend, consider booking your own Miami getaway. I know you’ll enjoy relaxing on the beach, sipping cocktails on the terrace or exploring the Art Deco District on a bicycle just as much as I do!"

Here are the looks I put together:

1. Pastel Travels

Traveling to me has to be comfortable while staying in style. I choose these Mango jeggings to give Kendra the skinny jean look while keeping her at ease with the stretchy fabric.  
It can get pretty chilly in those planes, so the cardigan and scarf are a must have.  
For Kendra's carry-on, I choose the Stella & Dot Getaway bag with the matching travel case to put makeup and other necessities. 
{Click here or on the picture to see the details of each item on this board}

2. Exercise with Style

Kendra mentions that she and her hubby will spend some time in the hotel's gym.  It's not because you'll be working up a sweat that you can't get there looking cute ;)
Soft jewelry like this chain and initial + lucky number pendants paired with thin pearl bracelets are appropriate to hit the gym.  
The pink in the shirt, short and sneakers makes this outfit very girly.
And because every girl needs a bag everywhere she goes, the Stella & Dot Jetset bag has a nice figure to be used at the gym.  
{Click on the picture to see the details of each item on this board}


3. Fashionably Strolling South Beach

I lived in South Florida for almost 5 years, so I know how super hot and humid it gets down there.  A light and bright outfit would best suit Kendra for a stroll in town.  
The coral color is very much in style this season.  With this top and the jewelry, Kendra will look very fashionable and right on trend.  
Lace shorts are also big this summer.  They are the cutest way for ladies to look glamorous and sophisticated all at once. 
{Click on the picture to see the details of each item on this board}



Nude and Corals





4. Pool Ready

The pool at the Delano Hotel is absolutely gorgeous.  Kendra will need to look fancy even in her bathing suit! 
The paisley prints on this dusty rose-pink color makes this swimsuit very chic. Match it with a white lace cover-up, straw hat, shades and beach bag, and give this outfit a pop with the fuchsia  flip-flops. 
With her long blonde hair, Kendra will look stunning.
{Click on the picture to see the details of each item on this board}



Pool Outfit




5. Bicycling 'Round Town

Kendra and her hubby are lucky to be staying at a hotel where they will receive complimentary bikes. 
South Beach has so much to offer, from shopping on Collins Ave to viewing all the beautiful and colorful buildings on Art Deco District. 
Here again, with the warm weather, an airy outfit is recommended.  
The silky floral shorts and lacy turquoise top are an exotic combination.  
I choose a soft rose gold theme to accessorize this ensemble. 
{Click on the picture to see the details of each item on this board}


Rose Gold and Turquoise


6. Date Night

For a date night in Miami, I want Kendra want to look sexy and chic.  
"Gold is the new black", but gold and black together look out of this world!
The leather trousers are definitely the seductive touch this year.  Adding the gold top balances the look and makes it a more classy one.  
{Click on the picture to see the details of each item on this board}



Gold Is The New Black



I could have been creating more outfits for Kendra's Miami Getaway all day, but all good things have an end...  So, I'll stop here!! ;)

**It was a really enjoyable experience! Kendra, thank you dearly for the opportunity!!**

Did you guys know about Polyvore?  
Show of hands... How has been using it?!?!
Do you have any recommendations about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png