Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Useful & Easy Stuff ~ A Gold Urchin

Guess what today is?!?!?!
Yep, TUESday!!  And here at LifeInPositudiness, it stands for "The Useful & Easy Stuff" day.  So, today I'll be sharing some DIY projects and easy things everyone can do.

**Writing for you guys is helping me keep myself accountable, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs a little push. So, I will help you too!

At the end of the week, I will host a Link Party for all of you to link up your posts about what you have been up to, any projects you started, have finally finished, all the things that inspire you, and anything you want to share. So bloggers and Instagramers, open up your calendars and write this in: Sunday, June 15th and until Saturday, June 21st, you are invited to a "See U Now day" event!!**



A DIY Project


Last week, I was browsing Instagram and saw this picture from Devon Dyer, fashion and lifestyle writer at Devon Rachel.


I know... These shoes!!!!


But what really caught my eyes was that little gold object with all the pikes on top of the books, the gold urchin.
They've been getting more and more popularity lately, and since I didn't know where to find them, nor wanted to spend the time looking, I made my own!

Here is How

I cut a wine {or in this case champagne} cork for the base and used toothpicks to create the pikes for the urchin.


 Put as many toothpicks as desired in the cork.


And spray painted the whole with gold paint.


Not bad for a 10 min DIY project, huh?!
And the best in all this... It was completely FREE!!! I used whatever I had in the house.

What has been your quickest DIY project ever?

And don't forget about the Link Up this SUNday!!

PS: Make sure to follow me on Instagram, I will be co-hosting and announcing a great giveaway tomorrow. Lots of goodies for you from a very generous friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png